Saturday, December 17, 2016

A Living House

"Imagine yourself as a living house. God comes in to rebuild that house. At first, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof and so on; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and does not seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to? The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a decent little cottage: but He is building a palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself." - C.S. Lewis

Hello, friends! 
I hope you're having a lovely day!

Isn't that a lovely quote up there?  What a wonderful thought...to be a "living house"!  
We discuss "Soul Houses" at our "Soul Restoration" retreats, yet, this little cabin is something different.  I call it "Casatini", and I named my first blog after it. If you peek at "that ol' blog", it'll give you a good example of what blogging looked like years ago...before marketers got ahold of our email addresses, and coerced us to read "their" stuff.  

My blog, back then, was purely a learning experience, coupled with a place to write and post pictures.  Yup, that's it.  And to connect. You see, Casatini doesn't hold a lot of people.  It's only 10'x10', so one must find other ways to connect.   In my mind, I'd imagine several tiny houses, such as at a camp in New England...where family and friends could gather outside, yet each have their own place to go... so, I painted a sign...the "Camp Liz" sign - header of that ol' blog.


This "new" blog won't be much different, frankly.  As I began writing it yesterday, it will surely take shape over the course of the next few months, and might even go through quirky and awkward "growing stages".  That ol' blog did.  Like us, and houses...blogs have a life of their own.  And God is in the details, I think.  

I hope you'll check back in, now and then, for a "look-see", as I build Soulitude U, LLC, with only the knowledge I've obtained thus far!  There's more to come, and I just love a good learning experience! 

If you'd like to know more about classes and workshops, travel over here,
 You can also follow me on Instagram, if you get the wild hair, @ohforcryingoutloud
Or on Pinterest as ECPC
So, there you go.
We'll leave it at that, for now. 
Still wishing you a happy day!
-Liz








No comments:

Post a Comment